Aqara door sensor MCCGQ14LM - not updating

Hi all,

I am running my ConBee2 on Rpi4
Version 2.13.02 / 10.11.2021
FW: 26720700
At the moment there is only one Xiaomi water leakage sensor connected to my gateway. No other devices. The update to the current beta version was made yesterday, because with the last stable version I was not able to find my new MCCGQ14LM sensor.

I have 10 sensors of type MCCGQ14LM (just arrived) , and after updating deCONZ I found and connected the first one. After connecting the sensor it was working, but the Value in PhosconApp was ā€œ0,open / 0,closedā€ it seemed to be a mixtue of state and temperature. Beside that, open/close action was shown instantly when I moved the magnet.

To fix the problem with the displayed state, I removed it and connected it again. Values are now displayed correct. When I connect the sensor in an open state, it is now shown as ā€œopenā€.
But when I close the contact, state is not updated anymore. As soon as I push the connect button, the correct state is displayed.

I connected a second sensor, but the problem is the same. That state never gets updated.

Is there anything that I can provide to solve that problem?
I read this post. https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/5403

It seems that McCormick has the same issue.

Cheers Andy

Do you have some logs(check the deCONZ category for a how-to) and a screen of you deconz gui?

Gui is not running on my Pi.
Log will be provided later when I am back home.

Would be useful to have that :slight_smile:

I also have some other Aqara OpenClose sensors and the sensor JSON seems to differ somewhat.

{
    "config": {
        "battery": 100,
        "on": true,
        "reachable": true,
        "temperature": 1800
    },
    "ep": 1,
    "etag": "ba1ffa73c2a38036d8e8d397f7877b81",
    "lastannounced": "2021-10-28T04:02:11Z",
    "lastseen": "2021-11-12T15:53Z",
    "manufacturername": "LUMI",
    "modelid": "lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2",
    "name": "Sensor - OpenClose - Kitchen",
    "state": {
        "lastupdated": "2021-11-12T15:53:38.355",
        "open": false
    },
    "swversion": "20161128",
    "type": "ZHAOpenClose",
    "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:06:d5:07:83-01-0006"
}

And then this new one:

{
        "pending": [],
        "reachable": true
    },
    "etag": "4a51509018a254a45f17369eab5312d2",
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2021-11-12T16:12Z",
    "modelid": "lumi.magnet.acn001",
    "name": "OpenClose 55",
        "lastupdated": "2021-11-12T16:01:32.337",
        "open": false
    },
    "uniqueid": "54:ef:44:10:00:25:05:b3-01-0500"
}

Hereā€™s my network where we see the clusters of the two Aqara OpenClose sensors also seem to differ from each other:

And hereā€™s the log: https://clientfiles.eu/deconz/deconz.log

[Edit] I opened and closed ā€œOpenClose 55ā€ 10 seconds apart, then opened, pressed button, closed pressed button. Then I opened ā€œSensor - OpenClose - Kitchenā€ and closed it 10 seconds later so you can see the differences. Hope this helps!

Hi, this is how it looks in the App:
I Just started my Pi. Now the sensor that was not working is suddenly working!

So I had 2 working door sensors. KontaktsensorA and KontaktsensorB. I opened/closed them both some more times.

So I added another one. It appeared, but the open/close state is not working. This was the behavior I had yesterday.
I opened an closed the ā€œ3rd/brokenā€ sensor as well some more times.

Attached you find my debug.log

EDIT:
I stopped the debug mode and restarted the service: Now the 3rd sensor is working as well.
Open/Close states are show for all of them in the App

Is there something I should provide additionally?

What is this wizardry? After a deCONZ restart the sensor object has changed?!

{
        "enrolled": 5,
        "pending": [],
        "reachable": true,
        "temperature": 2500
    },
    "etag": "f51f7af881ca71620654045944b8539f",
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2021-11-12T20:14Z",
    "modelid": "lumi.magnet.acn001",
    "name": "OpenClose 55",
        "lastupdated": "2021-11-12T20:14:35.818",
        "lowbattery": false,
        "open": false,
        "tampered": false
    },
    "uniqueid": "54:ef:44:10:00:25:05:b3-01-0500"
}

Mine is not updating either. It is recognized, but then it onl< says closed. After restarting deconz it suddenly shows temperature and closed. but it does not show open at all. Tried it with 3 sensors. pressing the update button doesnā€™t do the trick either.
So wait for deconz 2.13.03?

Which firmware are you running?

1. since the update phoscon adds the sensor. But it is not updating.

Using 2.13.02. FW is 26720700. Have 2 of these sensors.
Yesterday i added these 2 sensors to phoscon (with GUI), both of them were not working (On/off). I tried to remove and add many times. It didnā€™t worked, not even once. Today i read this forum and tried once more; without deleting and re adding. To my surprise both work perfectly fineā€¦ Weird.

1 Like

Mine are working now too.
I think a restart is a good thing to do.
I guess my problem was, that the sensor got lost during restart.
Now itā€™s working like a charm!

The question is, whatā€™s the difference after restarting the systemā€¦After connecting the sensor is saw an error in my log (provided above)

"ā€¦assertion ā€˜itemIasStateā€™ failedā€¦ "

I am not sureā€¦ but after restart it startet showing the temperature, too. 25Ā°C Even if itā€™s probably only 5-10Ā°C.

You should NOT use temperature, as itā€™s utterly useless and inaccurate. It just pops up out of nowhere as the current DDF implementation does not yet fully replace the legacy code and associated automatic mechanisms

The assertion message mentioned above can be safely ignored, Iā€™ll spare you the boring technical details around it :slight_smile:

Another comment from Swoop:

The odd thing over here is that it worked and works flawlessly. However, thereā€™s obviously a couple of things to follow:

1. Make sure your running the latest Conbee/Raspbee firmware https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Firmware-Changelog
  2. If you run 2.13.0 or 2.13.1, make sure you update to 2.13.2
  3. If any of the above was not given before you paired the device(s), reset and re-pair while being up to date
  4. Pair in normal/hybrid mode (tab control)
    1. If you followed 1-4, try restarting deconz

I can confirm all above mentioned on raspbian with ConBee II. Adding these sensors worked after deconz update to 2.13.2 and (manual, not offered) firmware update to 26720700 well, but for instant sensor updates the pi needed a restart.
Thx to all, helped a lot.

Hi,

if i want to connect more than one sensor do i have to include the DDF file again for each new sensor?

For me itĀ“s working with RPI3B+ and RaspBee I with firmware: 26400500 on deConz: 2.13.02.

Thanks.

My second sensor is working well, BUT with deCONZ 2.13.03 it doesnĀ“t work for me!!!
Phoscon canĀ“t find/pair the sensorā€¦

FYI

Hi again.

Everything was working like a charm. But a couple of days ago it stopped working. I was thinking of the deep temperatures, but maybe this was not the problem. Could it be related to the new update?
I am running 2.13.04.
I am able to connect the sensor. But it doesnā€™t show temperature anymore. And it is not changing from closed to open.
I know it is connected and is working somehow, because when I restart, it says ā€œnot reachableā€. In the second I open/close the sensor, it says ā€œclosedā€ instead of ā€œnot reachableā€