ACOVA Alcantara 2 not recognized correctly

Hello !

I have a problem when adding my ALCANTARA 2 ACOVA radiators on Deconz/Phoscon.
For each radiator, I have to try to synchronize about 15/20 times before Deconz find it. So I only tried with these first 2 radiators.

The first one is found but it’s not the right model. Deconz thinks it’s a Taffetas2 model. This device is not synchronized with Phoscon app so I can’t control It from HA.
Moreover, when I right clic on the device, I can’t edit DDF Files to change the model name or something else. I tried with Basic, Hybrid and Strict mode enabled.

The second one is only detected (with a weird name 0x896F) but there is no informations about the product. I tried to read attributes but nothing works :

1. Host system (Raspberry Pi 3B+ / 4B / PC / NAS):
Answer: Raspberry Pi 400

2. Execution method (Raspbian / Ubuntu / Home Assistant deCONZ add-on / Marthoc Docker container / Windows / Virtual Machine):
Answer: Home Assistant with Deconz add-on & integration

3. Is the operating system or deCONZ used with a graphical user interface (GUI, desktop, XServer) or headless?:
Answer: I access to the Deconz Add-on that redirect me to a GUI version or Phoscon App

4. Device (ConBee I / ConBee II / RaspBee I / RaspBee II):
Answer: Conbee II

5. Firmware version (format 26xxyy00):
Answer: 0x26720700

6. DeCONZ Version (Format 2.xx.yy):
Answer: 2.13.4

7. Is the ConBee I / II connected to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 (blue) socket? - only relevant for ConBee I/II:
Answer: 2.0

8. Is a USB extension used? (yes / no) - only relevant for ConBee I/II:
Answer: Yes

9. Are other USB or serial devices connected to the host system? (yes / no) - If yes: which ones?):
Answer: No other USB

10. Is a home automation system, other software or third-party apps used in addition to deCONZ / Phoscon App? (yes / no) - If yes: which ones?):
Answer: Home assistant with SOMFY, ADGuard, Samsung Smart TV, Hacs, HomeKit, Nanoleaf, Philips Hue, Spotify, SSH & Web Terminal, Log Viewer
→ Integrations & Add-ons

11. Have you tried changing the Zigbee channel or other settings as a solution? (yes / no) - If yes: which ones?):
Answer: Yes, 11, 15, 25

12. If Raspberry Pi: which power supply is used? (original / manufacturer+model) Specify volts and amps: (e.g. 5.0V, 1.0A):
Answer: Manufacturer USB-C (5V - 3A)

13. if Raspberry Pi: On which image base is the system set up?: (Phoscon / Raspbian / Raspberry Pi OS / Home Assistant …):
Answer: Home assistant

14. If Raspberry Pi: Is an SD card or an SSD used?:
Answer: SD Card

15. If Raspberry Pi: Which way was deCONZ installed? (APT repository / dpkg / via a plug-in).
Answer: Home assistant add-on & plug in.

And here, the link to Github that’s showing the right config (I think) :

How can I connect my radiators (thermostat) to Deconz/Phoscon ? I’m trying to control them from my Home Assistant setup.

Can you show the basic clusters on both devices?

Here the basic cluster of the second one.

But I deleted It yesterday to sync-again, hopping that Deconz will find the correct model but not… I need to try again 15/20 times before he recognize it again…

To make this a bit more understandable: This is not something deCONZ makes up, but what the device presents to deCONZ.

Can you please show me both basic clusters (both devices?)

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. These are the basic clusters that I found on Deconz app. When I click on read button, it’s what I see.

Can you please describe the steps if it’s not that you need ?

You only showed the basic cluster of 1 of the devices in hte screenshot. I want to see them both.

Ok fine, the first one was on the first message (and here again, unknown attributes) and the second one show me Taffetas2.

But I no longer have the 2 devices on my Deconz. I deleted one of them after many tests. I only have this one right now.

What happens if you click read?

Nothing happens. I tried everything :

• Enable pairing join and click read
  • Enable pairing join + put my radiator in pairing mode + click read
  • Enable pairing join sensor from Phoscon + click read
  • Enable pairing join sensor from Phoscon + put my radiator in pairing mode + click read

I really tried everything…

Edit : I also tried other manipulations that I found on forums to read.

So if you click read it doesn’t change anything?

It doesn’t change anything, yes.

Hello,

No news since 9 days. Any replies ?

If there’s nothing showing in there, the device might be faulty. Devices should always show that as they are identified by the code in there.

Are you saying that my 5 radiators are faulty ? If it was 1 of them ok, but 5/5, of course not. I tried them all.

It’s working fine with the Enki box from Leroy Merlin. The zigbee protocol find them all but I don’t want to use several domotic box, just my raspberry with Home Assistant and the Conbee2.

Both Enki and Conbee2 uses Zigbee to communicate. How can you explain that with Enki it’s working fine but not with conbee2 ?

They should expose the manufacturer name and model Id. If they don’t show that, deconz can’t support them. I have no clue about that box, but it isn’t uncommon for manufacturers to adjust the zigbee spec to their needs.

@de_employees can you check along?

The yellow lines between the nodes in deCONZ GUI indicates that the connection may be not that good and that could be why it takes so long for deCONZ to read the basic cluster. Perhaps the radiator is to far away or there are other source of interference in between. Some other Zigbee routers such as lights or repeater may help to get a better connection.

Are the radiators battery or mains powered? If they are mains powered it can just take a little bit longer for deCONZ to read all attributes from it. You can force it by clicking the left circle on the node in the GUI and then clicking at “read simple descriptor”.

If they are battery powered I think they are sleeping most of the time and are only awake right after pairing. The it would help clicking at “read simple descriptor” and trying to wake them up by pressing some buttons on the device perhaps a pairing button or so - I don’t know the device. Or re-inserting the battery.

I can’t say why some devices show a wrong model identifier. I assume it really is the model that you mentioned. So perhaps editing the DDF file would help you. But I will ask some colleagues fore more details as it is a relatively new feature.

As far as i know, if the Model ID / Manufacturer name is not provided by the device (thus not showing in the gui), it can’t be whitelisted.

A DDF requires the model ID and manufacturer name.