In my pursue to remove my HUE bridge and go all in on Deconz I have discovered something unfortunate.
My good old Hue Color 1st gen does not work in my setup. With some proper “negotiation” I get them to join and they will stay in the network for 2-30 mins, then they are gone or non responsive. None of my other devices have issues. I can reset them, get them back online and after a random short time, gone again.
I thought they had a bad chip or something. I fired up the old hue bridge, paired them and no problem they work like a charm. I did a lot of research and a lot of people seems to have this issue. Some have solved it by reverting the Deconz firmware to:
The issue came with the 67.91.1 firmware update from Philips (security fix or “planned obsolesce”?) . Bulbs with 67.88.1 (non upgraded) seems to work fine. Is there a work around or do I have to say, thanks for this time guys, it is time for you to retire (what a pitty)?
Thanks for the feedback. Yes the signal is not the best and the conditions is the same for the hue setup.
If you could test with an old bulb that would mean a lot! It seems I have some other philips fixtures with the same issue. Lets focus on the first one and it may solve the rest.
Let me know if you need any kind of logs.
Actually most of my philips bulbs has dropped off now and are not connecting again, dimmer switches are ok. Very strange. All other devices, Ikea Trådfri lights, sockets and some Aqara devices are good.
After the bulb has been paired, when it goes zombie, reset it with a hue dimmer, it will get back online again automatically, if not try for a second time and it seems to kick it back in to place. Will monitor how long they will stay online.
I will do a github issue. Some clues, I played with making a DDF for one of the bulbs. 1 issue I had to overcome, based on the autogenerated one. 1. Manufacturer name has changed to ‘Signify Netherlands B.V.’ nothing happened before doing a read of the basic cluster, to get the manuf. name.
I have the same problem. All of the 1st gen HUE Lights from firmware 67.91.1 to 67.101.2 on do not work and show the same behavior as described here. Shortly after discovery, not reachable but groups still work
The lamps that do not work are (LLC010, LLC011, LCT001, LST001, LLC011, LCT001)
When I go back to firmware 22.214.171.124581 via OTAU, everything works as expected.
I have no problem with other lights, switches or sensors. Even newer HUE lights with firmware 67.101.2 work.
I am running the latest stable deCONZ (2.21.2 and RaspbeeII FW 26780700)