Philips smart plug: easy discovery but losing connection immediately

Philips Hue smart plug 929003050601: should be supported, but with zigbee2mqtt the connection is getting lost immediately after discovery.

I run zigbee2mqtt on a Raspberry Pi 4 with a Raspbee II. I don’t know if this is a zigbee2mqtt or a Deconz problem:

The setups works nicely with all kinds of devices: Philips Hue lights, various temperature sensors, radiator valves and more. The only kind of device that causes problems is the Philips Hue smart plug 929003050601. I’ve got 6 of them and each shows the following problem:

Discovery is easy and works reliably but after a second or so the device stops responding. Every time!
It’s located close to the Raspbee II, and no other kind of device does show any sort of problem. So I suppose it must be something related to the Philips Hue smart plug or the configuration and not some sort of signal strength issue.

The plug is listed as supported device here:

But none of my plugs works. Not a single one. Some info:

the Raspbee II firmware is up2date.

Excerpts from the logs:

zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-01-12 18:05:12: Received MQTT message on 'zigbee2mqtt/test/set' with data '{ "state": "ON" }'
zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-01-12 18:05:12: Publishing 'set' 'state' to 'test'
zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-01-12 18:05:57: Publish 'set' 'state' to 'test' failed: 'Error: Command 0x001788010ca5b19a/11 genOnOff.on({}, {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":false,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":null,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (no response received)'
zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-01-12 18:05:57: Error: Command 0x001788010ca5b19a/11 genOnOff.on({}, {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":false,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":null,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (no response received)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at DeconzAdapter.sendZclFrameToEndpoint (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/deconz/adapter/deconzAdapter.ts:658:23)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at runNextTicks (node:internal/process/task_queues:60:5)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at processTimers (node:internal/timers:504:9)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Endpoint.sendRequest (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/model/endpoint.ts:299:20)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Endpoint.command (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/model/endpoint.ts:772:28)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Object.convertSet (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/toZigbee.js:282:17)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Publish.onMQTTMessage (/app/lib/extension/publish.ts:246:36)
zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:info  2023-01-12 18:05:57: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":"Publish 'set' 'state' to 'test' failed: 'Error: Command 0x001788010ca5b19a/11 genOnOff.on({}, {\"sendWhen\":\"immediate\",\"timeout\":10000,\"disableResponse\":false,\"disableRecovery\":false,\"disableDefaultResponse\":false,\"direction\":0,\"srcEndpoint\":null,\"reservedBits\":0,\"manufacturerCode\":null,\"transactionSequenceNumber\":null,\"writeUndiv\":false}) failed (no response received)'","meta":{"friendly_name":"test"},"type":"zigbee_publish_error"}'
zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-01-12 18:06:13: Publish 'set' 'state' to 'test' failed: 'Error: Command 0x001788010ca5b19a/11 genOnOff.on({}, {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":false,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":null,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (no response received)'
zigbee2mqtt      | Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-01-12 18:06:13: Error: Command 0x001788010ca5b19a/11 genOnOff.on({}, {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":false,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":null,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (no response received)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at DeconzAdapter.sendZclFrameToEndpoint (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/deconz/adapter/deconzAdapter.ts:658:23)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at runNextTicks (node:internal/process/task_queues:60:5)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at processTimers (node:internal/timers:504:9)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Endpoint.sendRequest (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/model/endpoint.ts:299:20)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Endpoint.command (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/model/endpoint.ts:772:28)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Object.convertSet (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/toZigbee.js:282:17)
zigbee2mqtt      |     at Publish.onMQTTMessage (/app/lib/extension/publish.ts:246:36)

As you can see I tried to power it on but it doesn’t respond. Just a few seconds after successful discovery!

The interesting line in the log is this one:

What’s going on there? Anybody having a clue or suggestion?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

We don’t provide any support for mqtt. Devices dropping has nothing to do with deCONZ(which you don’t even use, so not involved) or the conbee in this case in combination with a device.

It’s in your best interest to seek help on Z2m help channels.

Kind regards,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

thank you for the info. I know that you don’t provide support for MQTT. I have also posted my report in Zigbee2mqtt forums. However, from the logs it was not clear to me if the problem is really caused by zigbee2mqtt, or if not the Raspbee II device could be involved.

Device support is never with the coordinator, always with the software.

The coordinator is just a radio :slight_smile: