How to add Starkvind Air Cleaner

Thanks for sharing the information. It is nearly the same as mine. I only added “Filter change” as alarm.
I’m using IPSymcon in the backend, so i do not need calculated values. I can do it there.
I have only two short questions, which are not really related to the divce

• You are using value 1 as endpoint. Why?
  • You have for every attribute a read section. I’m recieving updated values in IPS also without a read sction.
    Maybe you want to answer the questions within a private message :wink:
  1. I think endpoint 1 was added automatically (cannot remember)
  2. the values (at the creation of ddf) were not updated automatically, I had to implement periodic reading
1 Like

I made a descriptive summary of how I finally got control over my IKEA STARKVIND from Home Assistant. In case anyone else would like to check it out - you’ll find a PDF on OneDrive here:

1 Like

Good write up. You could probably simplify it by using the deConz configure service in home assistant. That way you don’t need to care about anything but what you want to send

I’m not sure I understand. Is this what you mean:

But of course I have set up the integration in HA this way. Still, none of the STARKVIND attributes shows up in HA. That’s why I turned to the API instead. I have many ZigBee devices set up via deConz and they all show up in HA exactly as expected. Why the STARKVIND doesn’t is beyond my knowledge.
Are you suggesting I’ve done something wrong when I configured the deConz integration? Why then is everything else coming from deConz working perfectly? And what is it that I could have done differently, since you say my method could be simplified?

Nono. I’m not saying you’ve done anything wrong. The starkvind is not yet fully implemented in the integration.

What I meant was that you can use the configure service to set your speed rather than doing the full rest api command

Please explain. I’d love to know how I could do that when all that is exposed in HA is this:

The deCONZ configure service has full access to everything in deCONZ regardless of how much has been implemented in the integration

Your rest command looks like this

rest_command:
    set_speed:
        url: "http://192.168.1.127:6080/api/7F46E2A5B9/sensors/59"
        method: put
        content_type: 'application/json; charset=utf-8'
        payload: '{ "config": { "mode": "{{ states("input_select.fanspeed") }}"}}'

I think it could be replaced with

action:
  - service: deconz.configure
    data:
      field: /sensors/59/config
      data:
        mode: "{{ states("input_select.fanspeed") }}"
1 Like

Very interesting. Thank you for enlightening me. However, even if I did manage to discover the existence of this service deconz.configure by myself, I wouldn’t be able to figure out how to use it - just like that.
Experimenting with the service in Developer Mode --> Services doesn’t provide much info, and the deConz API documentation has little or nothing of any help - as far as I could find.
I tried using your proposed syntax, but however I twist and modify, I keep getting various error messages. So figuring out the correct syntax is very difficult.

1 Like

Hi,

for anyone who tried to replace the rest command with the deconz.configure service. This is how it worked for me:

action:
  - service: deconz.configure
    data:
      field: /sensors/59/config
      data:
        mode: "{{ states(\"input_select.fanspeed\") }}"

1 Like

… and how did you figure that out??

Just by accident. After copying the provided solution from Robban into my automation via UI and it did not worked, I tried different notations. At one point I tried to enter a static value instead of the current helper value which worked. So I knew it was how the helper value was linked.

To me, this highlights why I think YAML has such a steep learning curve; It’s impossible to find conclusive documentation on how to build the syntax correctly. It seems every implementation has it’s own way of dealing with hyphens, double quotes, slashes, parenthesis and all other possible and impossible use of symbols. Without a strictly documented set of simple rules, YAML will never be a friendly companion.

Ok, so after updating deConz to 2.25.1-beta I get the following “new info” in the deConz node map:
(note the little red circle around the DDF)
I never did anything to add any DDF for the STARKVIND so I assume it came with the update. But what good does it do?
The STARKVIND still doesn’t exist in Phoscon, the device entry in HA still lacks all the entities except one. So anything I want to do with it must still either be using the API or decons.configure.
So again, what good does the DDF do?

A DDF ensures support for a device. General rule of thumb: no DDF, no working device.

Support?
Meaning what? When the result is no available entities in HA!
Our have i done something wrong? Should i expect the DDF to result in all device entities being available in HA?

Yes, support. Anybody who’s using the REST API can make use of the exposed capabilities of the available light/sensor resources. As far as I can tell, the device is fully functional in this regard.

In case you have any expectations towards HA, which I understand you do, I’d recommend to place them in the HA universe to get the right attention. Especially if the guidance Robban has given earlier is not what you’re after.

Thanks for your reply.
Perhaps I wasn’t expressing myself clearly; I paired my IKEA STARKVIND Airpurifier with my ConBee II a long time ago - before any DDF for it existed. Then I had to use the REST API to control it. Fair enough.

Then someone made an experimental DDF which was later finished and is now included as default in the latest deConz update - if I understand things correctly.

My question was; Now that a dedicated STARKVIND DDF is present, should I expect to see “something new” becoming available somewhere? Yes, in deConz the node now has a DDF symbol. That’s new. But in Phoscon, there’s still nothing! And in HA there’s still nothing! So what exactly does this DDF do?