Devices get disconnected when switching from headless to gui

Hi,

In order to sometimes get a view of the mesh, I’m stopping deconz headles and starting the gui instead.
After switching back to headless some switches (aqara smart switches) disconnect from the hub. The devices are still listed but don’t receive any updates.

This results in reconnecting the switches.

What could be the reason for this behaviour?

Another thing is: I just connected a windows sensor from lidl. It’s there in the gui and also through the rest api, but does not appear on phoscon app. Any ideas on that?

Hello, you are sure they was disconnected ? they can need 1 hour before the first reporting.

And Xiaomi/Aqara device leave the network if they are without parent too much time (somes hours).

Ok that’s a good hint. No, I tested directly after stopping gui and starting deconz. And the switches weren’t operational.

They haven’t been without deconz for a long time - just the short switching period between gui and headless.

But just to be sure: Is my understanding correct that devices should not become unavailable when switching deconz headless against gui and vice versa?

No, if it happen it s not normal.
But battery device are lazy, some of them can stay in stand by during 1 hour.

Another thing is: I just connected a windows sensor from lidl. It’s there in the gui and also through the rest api, but does not appear on phoscon app. Any ideas on that

Yes this is normal too, phoscon is just an application that use the API, it don’t support all devices.

@Smanar:
No, if it happen it s not normal.
But battery device are lazy, some of them can stay in stand by during 1 hour.

Makes sense. Thank you very much.

The strange thing, however is, that I tried to push the buttons - which should have activated them from stand by - but nothing happened…

Right, but I have some sonoff device that pressing the button do nothing too.
Just wait 1 hour, if after that the device is not back, there is a real issue.

Thank you - will check this

Ok, there is really something very strange in my network.
I again switched from headless to gui. Now I deactivated the headless service and activated the gui service.
The first result was, that my Conbee 2 didn’t get up - blocking my homebridge from starting. When reverted back to deconz service, the conbee came back.

And I again lost connection to a switch. I gave the thing now 5 hors to recover, but nothing.
The switch is still shown as reachable. But no button events are catched…
What is wrong here?

I realy don’t have idea, can you share some logs with “info” “info_l2” and “error” “error_l2” ?

You deactivate, but you stop too ?

Yes, I also stopped it.
How do I get the logs? Sorry for the noob question :frowning:

If you have the GUI, on deconz, help , debug view.
If you have an headless setup https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/deCONZ-debug-flags

Here is the recent log - but it’s from now and not from the “event”

Log

Can you please use pastebin?

Done. Thanks

What version are you on?

v2.12.6

Can you share a log with ZCL flag being on and re-pair?

I suspect there’s something involved what was fixed in the last beta.

Here you go

Log while pairing

Lot of 0xE9

0xE9 No MAC ACK received

Is issued when the coordinator sends out a command but no acknowledgement (ACK) was returned from the target receivers next hop (1-hop only).

But why we don’t see the permit join message ?

No idea - pairing was successful though