Devices becoming unavailable

Does anyone know how I can reinstall the whole firmware with bootloader in my HomeKits lock?

I have received feedback from Paulmann. No changes have been made to the firmware. I have attached the link to this forum post to my reply.
Otherwise we are trying to look at the logs to find out where the error might be. Due to the vacation season we are currently a bit low staffed. I ask for patience here.

Attaching to this issue as I’ve the same irregular disconnects of a Paulmann LED stripe triggered by a motion sensor (unfortunately mainly during the night).

Hopefully we can find the reason together. Providing some log files should be the easiest part. :fist:t2:

No more news, yet?

I just found out that the device is marked as a "zombie"because of errors.

@Florian-Schmidt Is the device covered by a DDF? If not, I’d recommend creating one and observe if the loss happens again. We recently had something similar just for devices being fully handled by legacy code, DDF covered devices behaved as expected.

@Swoop I guess you are talking about the Heiman devices. I‘ve no idea how to create a DDF. :hugs:

The lights worked at the beginning and suddenly started to have this loss. Means I‘m pretty sure that it is caused by an update but unfortunately I don‘t know which version.

@Florian-Schmidt Check out DDF cheat sheet · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub for DDF related information. Should contain everything to give you a start, tweaking can be made here :wink:

Hi

I just came accross your post and since years I’m facing problems with lights losing connection in different systems I run.

I also have problems with Paulmann lights. But also other manufactors. Power cycle always brings them back for days or weeks and they keep working with API group commands.

But it is just annoying!

Let me know if you found a solution for your Paulmanns.

Thanks

Here some more info about this.

Here is the connection view in deconz:

You can see all the Wand-Lights have a very green solid connection and also acting as routers

But if I check in Phoscon App it looks like this:

All the Wand-Lights show disconnected as many others do!

And I faced this problem on different systems I setup.

Any idea how this problem could be resolved?

Thanks