deCONZ 2.14.01 not working on Raspberry Pi 3 with FHEM

Hello,

I fail to successfully install the version 2.14.01 of deCONZ on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2. When I install it the following way, my Gateway is not discovered, the Gateway section on the PWA websie remains empty, and all my devices are not connected.

wget http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/raspbian/stable/deconz-2.14.01-qt5.deb
sudo dpkg -i deconz-2.14.01-qt5.deb
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -f

sudo systemctl enable deconz

When I try the very same with version 2.12.06, which is my current version, everything works fine again. So how do I make the new version work with my Raspi3?

Btw, Firmware of my Conbee2 stick is 26660700, and installed version 2.12.06 / 19.8.2021. Although this is not the latest stable version available in the repo, it is listed as latest. Why?
Steps to reproduce the behavior

If the problem is reproducable, list the steps here:

Install deCONZ 2.14.01 as described above
Enter the PWA-Index page, go to "Gateways". The section is empty, and no devices are connected.
Install deCONZ 2.12.06 the same way as described above
Enter the PWA-Index page, go to "Gateways". The section shows the Conbee 2 gateway again and all devices are connected

I
Firmware of my Conbee2 stick is 26660700, and installed version 2.12.06 / 19.8.2021

Host system: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev. 1.2
Headles deCONZ, FHEM as client using HUEDevice module
Firmware version: (26660700)
deCONZ version: 2.14.01 (not working); 2.12.06 (working)
Device: ConBee II
Do you use an USB extension cable: yes
Is there any other USB or serial devices connected to the host system? If No

Did you install the new dependencies that are required since 2.13 0?

Hi Mimiix,

no, since I am not aware where to get this kind of information. Is there any official information what prerequisites are required before installing a new deConz version?

And another question would be why my PWA says that 2.12.06 is “most recent”, when I can find 2.14.01 in the stable folder.

All that is not very transparent to me, so is there any official guideline on how updating is supposed to work?

personally I need to get the new version because it fixes some annoying bugs related to an Ikea Tradfri remote control, other than that I wouldn’t care about the new version.

Thanks a lot for any hint you can give.

Btw, I have played around a little more, and read some release notes. What I did:

• Update Pacakges qtdeclarative5-dev and libqt5qml5
  • Update Firmware

then installed latest deConz version, which breaks everything. When I go back to 2.12.06, it instantly orks again. Before and after always stopped and started deConz.

From my commandline history:
sudo systemctl stop deconz
sudo apt-get install qtdeclarative5-dev
sudo apt-get install libqt5qml5
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
wget https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26720700.bin.GCF
sudo systemctl stop ModemManager
sudo GCFFlasher_internal -t 60 -d /dev/ttyACM0 -f deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26720700.bin.GCF
sudo systemctl start deconz

#everything works here with new firmware

sudo dpkg -i deconz-latest.deb
#PWA inaccessible, devices not working in FHEM

sudo dpkg -i deconz-2.12.06-qt5.deb
#PWA accessible, devices working in FHEM

I can repeat the last two blocks over and over again, whenever the newest deCOnz is isntalled, everything is broken :frowning: What else need I to check?

@de_employees Can you give this documentation + information?

Again a great example of Feature request: Better distinction between firmware and deCONZ version

Have you logged out of Phoscon app and back in after updating deCONZ?
Is it the same result when you access the Phoscon app over the ip of your gateway?
Can you confirm the deCONZ is running and connected if you use the GUI on your Raspberry Pi or check the status via systemctl status deconz and systemctl status deconz-gui

I have now found the issue for my problems, and I would really like to ask the developers to prevent that kind of stuff because it can save users a lot of trouble: only by coincidence when looking at the package names, I saw that the old deconz versions have “stretch” in their name, whereas the newer ones have “booster” in the description. After that, it was clear to me that the newer builds are supposed to be installed on Raspian (Debian 10) Booster only, and of ycourse my headless Pi was still on Stretch.

Long story short, I installed Debain booster (took me two hours on my Raspi 3), and now the new deconz version runs.

The only thing I wonder is: why is the pacakge-installation working on stretch at all? A warning at least would be nice, better an error if you know that package and linux-os are incompatible!

Thanks for the hint. I have forwarded this issue to our devs.
We will update our documentations.