Current deconz (2.24.3 & 2.25.1) slow in response after time

Well, thanks for the advice about reverting back… as I said, I’m running the home assistant add-on, and downgrading is not possible.
Also I don’t see why I should run it on an additional device. I have extra costs, and need extra time to maintain it. On the other hand, I have the possibility of using betas, which I would not do and recommend in a productiv system.
In my eyes, if there are these problems, known for month and people are affected, and there is a fix in a beta, which seems to work, I would hurry with an release. Right now, the beta is out there for three weeks, and I only ask for an release of it, because it is a pain…

3 Likes

Is this issue resolved in version 2.26.3?

1 Like

I couldn’t test it yet, because the home assistant add-on won’t be release, because another issue was found:

This issue is still open, and there are no comments to it. @Mimiix maybe someone can have a look…

Hi,this is about the integration, not addon.

I just tested 2.26.3, and the issue is not resolved. The problem of consistently high CPU usage (for me, around 18%) remains. Reverted to 2.23.02 and CPU usage is back down to around 2-3%.

1 Like

Are you using conbee II or Conbee III?

So sorry for the delayed response! I’m using a Conbee II, connected to a DS718+, running deconz on Docker.

1 Like

@Ar-Eh : I’m having the same problem with my Conbee II on my DS716+.
You can see me issue here:

Sadly I did not find a solution yet.

1 Like

So,

yesterday i tried again upgrading from conbee II —> conbee III and from Version 2.23.02 —> 2.27.6
Reason for that last try was that some hue outdoor motionsensors became unresponsive in 2.23.02 after a power failure and i couldn’t get them back to work. (Yes i tried everything several reboots, searching for lights and setting the sensors in pairing mode or trigger a response also tried to delete it and pair it as a new sensor few times - nothing helped) So i decided to try to upgrade one last time.
at first everything looked promising, But after a day in 2.27.6 it all started becoming unresponsive again - even if i clicked a group to turn on in the app it took sometime around 5-10 seconds ( btw the app was the only thing working because that stable version didn’t want to show the gateway on login but i think after all research this is an known problem.
Button press took 5-10 Seconds to get recognized and so does the command to groups that i want to switch with it.
i also tried 2.25.3 as some people said its the best for them with conbee II
but its just the same. just 2.23.02 is responsive in reliable way with no delay.
so what should i say i bought a conbee III Stick short after its release because i thought it would be an upgrade, but for me its just a waste of money because the only stable version i can run is 2.23.02 and this does not support conbee III. and even with conbee II the version after 2.23.02 will get unresponsive so there is no chance for me to upgrade and add new devices. I dont understand the problem because the old version runs without performance problems

So what should i say… I’m done with trying…i’ll take my 130 devices and move away from deconz/phoscon
anyway thanks for the effort, hope the rest of you guys got the problems solved.

Can you share some logs when this happens? Perhaps there’s something else now.

@de_employees

for me the problem never was solved i alway had to downgrade to 2.23.02 i dont have logs this time and i will not upgrade again cause it makes no sense for me - i already put logs of an previous update and always had to repair a lot of unresponsive devices cause of up and downgrade but nothing got better. i just want to have responsive lights till i get my new zigbee router tomorrow and I’m done.
i dont say the grass is greener on the other side but i can’t talk about it if i didn’t try it. with about 6 upgrade tries i dont want to invest that time right now. i’ll maybe come back and build my network again from the start with deconz but before i do this just now i’ll try another solution first.

Okido

@deadmedusa: As I’m also still having the same problem and never got the issue solved I will have to do the same as soon as I find the time.
I documented my problem here:

Sadly since 6 month there was no solution.
Good luck on the other side.

So after my migration try to another system got me into some problems i couldn’t solve without taking about 2 days off i’m back on Deconz/Phoscon
I Just tried the new 2.29.0 beta amd64 version on unraid. This time after 2 hours having the docker up the response of the components is completly bad again (about 5 seconds) but i also noticed that the VNV Deconz Network gui is also responding like shit - if i grab a node the and put it somewhere the action is delayed about 6-7 Seconds so i guess it’s the whole system that is not working properly. maybe its just the AMD64 version. What logs do you need or what can i do to get this solved. the Usage of the container is jumping again up to 25% nearly every 5 seconds. There must be a way to solve this.

@manup @Mimiix
this is a video i made how worse and inconsistent the system works. btw the point the music starts or stops is the moment the button press is delivered to my iobroker via deconz adapter and in response my shelly relay cut of the music. So it should be clear that there is something wrong in the whole system. the Command to turn of the light is coming from iobroker.

Deconz response 2.29.0
Deconz Docker usage above version 2.23.02 Unraid AMD64

it is Buttonpressed command from switch to Deconz | Deconz Button pressed command to iobroker | iobroker turn off command to deconz | Deconz turn off command to light.

This doesn’t happen at 2.23.02 at all with that version it works like a charm
Anything have to keep the system busy

Here is a part of the logfile of the docker running 2.29.0
The logfile from the start of the container also exists but i turned the on Info,Info_L2, Error,Error_L2,DDF,DEV,APS,APS_L2, Routing around 1:00 at night. So this is the first part of the log capturing all this points.
If there is a need for the whole logfile i’ll upload it - its about 184mb and got over 1 million lines

Deconz Log 2.29.0

please let me know if i can do something else. i wann get this fixed.

Meanwhile i’m going back to 2.23.02 to keep the system useable.

@Mimiix @manup

For comparison here is a video of the same situation i posted the Video link yesterday. This time i’m back on 2.23.02
the button press command goes from deconz to iobroker and iobroker gives the command to turn on/off the music to a shelly and the command to turn on/off the light back to deconz. this is nothing compared to the versions above.

Deconz response with 2.23.02

@helipus can you relate to this comparison? is this the same behaviour you get with your setup with a version above 2.23.02?

Hi all,

yes I can confirm this completly.
I still run deconz:2.23.02 because this is the last version working on my setup.
I tried: 2.24.2, 2.25.3, 2.26.1 and 2.27.0. These version all result in a very high CPU load in my setup and so much delays that the system is not working anymore.

My setup is the following:
Synology NAS DS716+ with a Conbee USB Stick 2 attached with an 1m usb extension cable.
deconz running in docker.

I have my own topic here and need to to the test setup as soon as I find time:

Best helipus

Hello, just by curiosity, I have see your log on 2.29 here Current deconz (2.24.3 & 2.25.1) slow in response after time - #120 by deadmedusa
But have you the same on the working version, to compare ?

I did some logs on an earlier version above 2.23.02 where the issues have already been a thing and i was told that its not that useful to have this comparison:

So if needed i’ll do a log of my running 2.23.02 version