Connection to freeathome as 3rd Party via Hue emulation is not working

Hi, hard to tell which part of the API breaks the freeathome integration, as the Hue bridge nowadays has some new additional API representations and details like device capabilities, which differ from the ones we have.

One thing which might help moving forward is to ask the Busch Jaeger team if they can have a look as well. If I remember correctly, they have ConBee available for tests.

Hello all,
I also tried to get in contact with freeathome customer support, but they are not as interested to find a solution nor customer oriented than you. If I can do something to support, please tell me.
Thanks a lot and BR,
Peter

I have no answer why the “–hue-mode” is not working, and I have no internet connexion and no more deconz for somes days.
But try to enable log with “http” (and only them, they are so talkative), perhaps we can see the “user-agent” used by your app and see why it don’t enable the hue mode.

Already asked Manup to reply :slight_smile:

Dear all,
are there some news/ideas available?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Peter

@manup

Sad to hear that BJ won’t have a look. Smanars hint with the HTTP logging is a good next step to see what the freeathome gateway queries from the REST API.

But I’m afraid it might be tricky to figure out what exactly is breaking the integration.

Hello all, is here any progress or at least something planned?

Thanks in advance!

On my side I don’t see why the flag “–hue-mode” is not working, but have you tried with http flag enabled in log to catch the user agent used by your third app ?

@Smanar
I don’t know what to do. I understood till know, that your integration of the hue api is not as good as it should. I don’t know which special or extra ordinary feature is used by free@home which leads to this behavior.

So I feel a bit lost and I don’t see a upcoming solution. What shall I (as layman) do?

Thanks in advance

If you can use a http sniffer ? Or just ask them wich one user agent they use for request ? (Have just make a try the user agent is not displayed in deconz log)
Else I can make you a special version that force the ApiMode = 3 but you will need to compile the code. I can tell you the lines to use, but for that you need a full/real linux OS

Have you tried to run deconz with the flag “–hue-mode” but ONY with command line ? without editing file (and ofc with closing it before)

Dear @Smanar,
thanks for your support. I have some PIs running with Linux, maybe this suits for the code compiling. So I will try this to come some steps further.

Please come back to me and tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

You have the procedure here https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Compiling-the-REST-plugin-for-device-specific-testing
So for you, after having installed deconz (The code is based on realy last one, so need a recent version):

sudo apt install deconz-dev
git clone --branch forcehuemode https://github.com/Smanar/deconz-rest-plugin.git
cd deconz-rest-plugin
qmake && make -j2
sudo cp ../libde_rest_plugin.so /usr/share/deCONZ/plugins

If you have a small raspberry, it can freeze during compilation, my pi 3 do, so remove “-j2”

It don’t impact your zigbee database, but can use a lot the CPU (at least the first time, compilation will be faster after).
To rollback fastly you can make a backup of the file /usr/share/deCONZ/plugins/libde_rest_plugin.so in another folder

With this code you will have in log apimode = 3 (if I m right), mean the HUE mode will be forced, hopping for a better support with your third app…

Thanks for this. I used a fresh Raspberry image and started with a backup file and compiled your adjusted code successfully. Then I did some first tests and looked to the log file and find ApiMode = 3… but the behavior is exactly like before. But now I’m not able to log into the phoscon APP… Login failed an reset not possible, login via SSH or VNC is possible without problems. So what to do with the password problem and what are the next steps for the free@home stuff?

Thanks and a nice Sunday evening,

BR
Peter

This a bad new, the APImode = 3 is the “more compatible mode” for HUE stuff.
All possibles modes are

enum ApiMode
{
    ApiModeNormal,
    ApiModeStrict,
    ApiModeEcho,
    ApiModeHue
};

Hee I m sorry, but don’t have better idea for the compatiblity difference. You have disabled the second deconz gateway during the tests ?

Login failed an reset not possible, login via SSH or VNC is possible without problems.

You mean not possible on phosocn but possible on deconz ?
Have you try the defaut password ? delight /delight
And the reset procedure don’t work ? have you an error message ?

I don’t have a second gateway. I only built a second setup and used my one and only Conbee II stick.

Yes, password broke only in phoscon app. If I try to reset this (within 10 min after reboot) I receive the meassage " Ok Das Passwort wurde zurückgesetzt." → “Ok The password has been reset.” The Button “neues Passwort vergeben” → “set new password” is without function What do you mean with “delight /delight” ? I’m not able to enter this as password and I don’t now a standard password because I was never forced to need it…

Thanks in advance and also sorry for my slow to understand.

user : delight
password : delight

Try with “private” mode on the browser can help too. But It will not change something if even with the apimode = 3, your third app don’t work.

Hello all,

do you have an idea to solve my hue api problem then?

Thanks,
Peter

Not on my side, you have enabled the mode with the better HUE compatiblity.
Now apart comparing the traffic and compare them, I don’t have more idea. I know they don’t support deconz, but if you give them some logs they can’t say what is missing (or is different) ?

Out of sheer desperation I have now tried to completely reset the system on the free@home side again but with the same result… nothing works.

Does anyone have an idea how to find a solution?