Conbee II not working at all

Intresting.

Did you reset the devices too (instead of just removing them)?

Of course. I need to do the reset sequence (6 times on/off) each time I try pairing. So I start pairing, do the reset and the there are 2 hex lights. If I try to pair without resetting or do another on/off after reset sequence (as proposed), there is no light at all in deconz

Intresting.

What version are you on (deconz and firmware?)

@de_employees i am running out of options. Odd thing in the logs:

1. 21:23:10:342 APS-DATA.request id: 45, addrmode: 0x03, addr: 0x00212effff07905d, profile: 0x0000, cluster: 0x0031, ep: 0x00 → 0x00 queue: 0 len: 2 tx.options 0x00

2. 21:23:10:344 asdu (length: 2): 1e01

I do notice
21:23:44:902 APS-DATA.request id: 200, addrmode: 0x03, addr: 0x84fd27fffed0789b, profile: 0x0000, cluster: 0x0031, ep: 0x00 → 0x00 queue: 0 len: 2 tx.options 0x00
21:23:55:056 APS-DATA.confirm id: 200, status: 0xD0

Which seems to be the the left top device.

deconz:
v2.13.4-beta

Qt: 5.11.3
GCC: 8.3.0 (C++ 201402)

Commit: ebfb48
Firmware: 0x26660700

but the same issues with deconz on windows (v2.13.3)

so what should I do? Is the stick maybe defect? I ordered it a few weeks ago and didnt get it work until then. So I am not able to say whether its the stick or the software…

BUT I tried a lot:

• beta version on a new raspberry
  • deconz with docker on the raspberry
  • deconz on windows 10

each time with and without USB extension. And nothing worked properly… The only light that is working is the Ikea E27, which I only added to a lampholder for testing the stick. All other GU10 lights (I bought around 22) are not going to connect in the way I would expect. Firmware on the lights is actual and connecting to Ikea gateway works without limitations.

Can you update to the latest firmware on the stick and see then?

Ok, now on 26720700 and again the same… 2 hex lights in deconz, not 4 and they dont show up in phoscon. :frowning:

There is few issue on the win 10 machines, if you are using the extension cable, don’t have setting error in logs, and still not working …
Was a real windows, not a VM ? desktop or portable ?

What if you just remove deconz and everything else and start over?

it was a windows 10 notebook - but the last logs were all from the raspberry 3b and not windows… the issues are exactly the same, no matter which software I use

I already did this a few times.

1.: installed raspbian on a CLEAN raspberry, then docker and then deconz in a docker container. This didnt work because I was not able to find the lights.
2.: installed raspbian on a CLEAN raspberry without docker, installed deconz-beta directly to the linux system. Didnt work
3.: installed raspbian again on a CLEAN raspberry without docker and deconz-beta. That is my current setup with the above mentioned logs

beside of this, I installed deconz on my windows 10 laptop to verify if the raspberry is defective (I already tried 2 different raspberries until then, so the chance was near zero). same issues…

The lights are new (~ 1,5 months) and updated to the last firmware. The deconz is new (~1 month). If I connect the lights to the Ikea hub, they are working perfectly as I would expect. So I start the pairing mode, reset the lights and all of them show up directly in the gateway. I did this for all 22 GU10 lights + the one E27 in order to do the firmware update (because I thought that this is the problem)

Can you share a screenshot of your network settings?

you mean in deconz?

I really have no clue what’s going on.

@de_employees

is there anything saved in the usb-stick? could it be possible that there are some misconfigurations saved in the stick, no matter which deconz is installed? or does the stick just use the parameters that are given by deconz?

i dont understand the problem as well…

That’s where the network settings are stored.

In phoscon, there’s a reset gateway button. That should reset the device. Perhaps you can use that and see what happens.

No clue on my side too.
You have connexion issue, but setting seem fines, you have tried various USB port, various hardwares, various OS, the extension cable, updated the firwmare, I realy don’t see what you can do more.

It s a new conbee, that have never worked ?

Correct, I ordered IT on december 2 and it got delivered a few days later. Tried hard to get it running until then :frowning:

So what should I do? Can I exchange it and get a working one?

Did this 2 times before, but I can try it again of course

I can’t say that myself ^^ but If you don’t have better advice, yes can be a solution, try to contact the support too, they are more able than me to decide that.
Dresden make a good waranty on their device, so no problem for that, but I don’t know for delay on amazon (and it s holiday period) …